Last November, the FBI arrested several Estonians who were found to have set off a dangerous piece of malware that ultimately destroys your internet access. The FBI had maintained a server to disrupt the malware, but they are ending that program tomorrow, July 9, 2012. Effectively, if your computer (Macs and PCs are both able to be affected) is infected with the malware, you won’t be able to use the internet.
More information on this can be found here: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911
There are some easy ways to see if your computer is infected, primarily through (guess what) the internet. Click the below link and if the background shows up green, you should be fine:
If it doesn’t, there are a variety of places you can look to get it fixed. Just make sure you do this as soon as possible.
I haven’t seen any posts about this on here, and just thought it was a (much needed) thing to get around on this site, which has so many avid internet users.
Just saw this on the news. Seriously? >_>;
- mc-crafty reblogged this from programmer-problems and added:
- mc-crafty likes this
- tumblrite reblogged this from programmer-problems and added:
- mrjeremyt reblogged this from programmer-problems and added:
- noestoyhechodecarne said: Yeah, it was a pretty bad virus that spread and the FBI made it ineffective until tomorrow. Computers still infected with the virus will not be able to access websites unless the user knows the site’s IP address.
- moderate-brilliance reblogged this from edgeofuncertainty and added:
- edgeofuncertainty reblogged this from programmer-problems
- kerm3r reblogged this from programmer-problems and added:
- programmer-problems reblogged this from chickennuggetsarelikemyfamily and added:
- chickennuggetsarelikemyfamily posted this